Eczema is a chronic skin disease of an allergic nature. It can affect different parts of the body. One of the most common types of eczema is the one on the hands. The main complaints of patients are pruritus, severe cracked skin, blisters and redness of the hands.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of eczema on the hands?
The causes contributing for the occurrence or exacerbation of eczema are generally divided into external and internal factors.
• family inheritance
• endocrine disorders
• liver and intestinal diseases
External factors include:
– household factors: house dust, mould, hairs, floral pollen
– chemicals – paints, solvents, preservatives in hygiene products or cosmetics additives, medicines, various creams and ointments
– food: carbonated beverages, nuts, eggs, chocolate, fish, smoked products, citrus fruits, some vegetables or legumes, cereals
– production factors: metals: chromium, cobalt, nickel, vegetable powder, cement, tar
How is hand eczema treated?
Eczema is a disease that tends to disappear and reappear. In order to cure this disease and prevent periods of exacerbation it is necessary to consult a dermatologist.
– ointment creams, ointments or lotions for dryness treatment
– anti-inflammatory creams, ointments or lotions to reduce edema, redness and itching.
If necessary, allergen testing can be performed.
It is necessary to follow certain instructions on hygiene and lifestyle.
By viewing the content of the site, you agree to their use.