Acne is an inflammatory disease of the hair follicle, which occurs most often in places where there is a large number of greasy glands: the face, back, chest and neck. It is one of the most common skin diseases and is a serious medical problem both for adolescents as well as for some adults.
Who suffers from acne?
About 80% of all people between the age of 11 and 30 suffer from a mild or moderate form of acne. More rarely, acne may also occur in a new-borns that is associated with androgenic hormones passed from the mother.
What causes Acne?
The specific reason is not clear, but several factors are likely:
– elevated hormone levels during puberty
– the use of certain types of drugs (for example, hormonal preparations)
– heredity / if your parents had acne it is more likely for you to have too/
– improperly used cosmetics, and more
How to cure acne?
Treatment is strictly individual and should take into account:
– the type and severity of acne
– age and sex of the patient
– the efficacy and duration of previous treatments.
Local therapy: Various types of creams, gels and lotions are used which have different properties, including antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and/or exfoliating. They should be used in combination with each other to achieve the desired result.
Systemic therapy: Patients with moderate to severe cystic acne as well as those with an increased tendency for scar formation and pigmentation spots require treatment with oral medication. There are different types of systemic acne treatment:
– antibiotics /tetracyclines, erythromycin and others/
– hormonal preparations /in women with hormonal disorders/
– retinoids (isotretinoin) – this is a powerful drug to treat severe forms of acne that are resistant to other treatments
Laser therapy – Laser therapy has a very beneficial effect on acne as it has a strong anti-inflammatory effect and help to calm the pimples. Along with this, this type of therapy helps to reduce the scars.
!!! Acne treatment requires a long time and can take months, even years.
By viewing the content of the site, you agree to their use.